Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday By The Numbers

  1. Yes, I'm continuing to do this. I like lists. I'm a listy kind of guy. Not lusty, but listy, well yes, that too, for sure, but...well...nevermind.
  2. We are supposed to get a big snow on Saturday night- about eight inches. That's big for here. It's just enough to royally screw things up on the roads. We are having wild flurries right now.
  3. I have an editorial meeting this weekend for the poetry magazine. It is hopefully the last one, because I'm tired of reading the submissions, although this latest batch seems to be the most promising yet. I'm just glad that I don't have the job of sending out the rejection letters/emails. That would truly suck.
  4. The employees are fighting over lockers today. The more senior people feel that they should have the larger lockers and the less senior people should have the smaller lockers. The less senior people who are currently in the large lockers think that's petty and trivial, of course. I'm glad I'm not in the middle of that mess. What next?
  5. I've been singing a little made up song to myself tonight. The lyrics are simple: "I don't want to be here, I don't want to be here...".
  6. Tonight my body feels like it's all full of electricity or something. It's a mildly strange sensation. Hmm.
  7. My pet peeve for today: Whiny people. Being the boss you hear lots of it at times from lots of people. As my grandmother used to say, it makes me want to hit them in the mouth with a sock full of shit. See also number 4. above.
  8. And finally, I hope that everyone has a great weekend. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. *giggling* Your grandmother was a wise woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what your grandma said. HA! I hope you have a great weekend, too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete