Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another Day Off And Stuff

Well, I had a whole long post writen out in my head a little bit ago, and then got distracted by something here at work. When I turned back to the computer, the post was completely out of my head. Has this ever happened to you? It's distrubing.

I slept very well last night and the RLS did not beat me up much. In fact, I woke up barely in time to get ready for work. I hate when I do that. It's not as cold today although there is still snow on the ground. There is actually a bit of daylight left right now at 5:15 PM, which is good to see. Work is moderately busy tonight, and this afternoon I got hammered with "to dos", in our safety committee meeting, for which I am the chairman.

I had almost forgotten until late this afternoon that I took Monday off because of the Superbowl. So I made an appointment to take my car in for service that afternoon just to get it out of the way. A couple of months ago a friend from work invited me to her house for a Superbowl party. She has yet to say anything more about it since then. I know that her family has been having a very had time financially lately. Her husband is a new car salesman. I'm thinking that they may not be able to afford to entertain at this point, so I don't want to say anything to her about it. I may end up making other last minute plans for the game. I know that my son and my daughter's boyfriend still plan on watching.

I've been working on a rather bleak poem about the aunt of mine that died, whom I posted about yesterday. I may share it later. She died of lung cancer. She was another life-long smoker. She actually ended up in the hospital because she fell asleep while smoking and set herself on fire. She was apparently burned badly, and her lungs could not handle the overall bodily stress. So this poem is about her and it is also another about smoking. I have written many of those.

Well, it's apparent from the activities going on around me here right now that I need to do some babysitting. I truly hate that. More later.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the Super Bowl, no matter where you watch it. Very tragic about your aunt's passing, and what caused it. Looking forward to reading the poem. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the posts that go poof in the head!! I usually remember what I wanted to write about right before I fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete