Monday, March 2, 2009

Well, the weekend was good except for being wide awake nightly between 2:00 and 5:00 AM. I have taken to sitting on the couch watching the news until I fall asleep again, but I always wake back up about 7:00. I don't know why the Ambien are no longer working for me.

Saturday was a pretty productive day. I ran some errands, went to the gym, paid my bills, cleaned the house and did laundry. I took a couple of short naps in between there somewhere.

The reading yesterday was good. There was a nice, small crowd there. The lady who hosts the series was impressed enough that she asked us to come back and read again in April. I don't know why, but I was a bit nervous reading this time. It's silly, really. I have done this at least eight times a year for the last five years, and I get up in front of people and speak every day at work, so I don't know why I was nervous. I shouldn't have been at all. Still, I was told that I read well, so I guess I was okay.

My brother came home from the hospital on Saturday afternoon. My mother said he was in a lot of pain in his abdomen from the surgery, and looked a bit yellow, but was otherwise alright. I'm glad for that. I heard thought that at about the same time, my nephew was in the hospital with bad abdominal pains. He's over it now and there was apparently no concensus on what it was. One doctor thought kidney stones, another thought a back issue. I'd bet on food poisoning. I've never heard of a back injury causing a person to double over with stomach pains, and if it was stones he would still be in pain, especially if and when he passed them.

Well, I'd better go for now. We are having major systems problems at work right now. Printers and CRTs are going down by the handful. Something is not right in the network. Damned Hal. More later maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment