Monday, March 30, 2009

Can I Title This "Weekend Update" Without Getting Sued?

The weekend was good. I slept in on Friday, then got up and went fishing. I didn't catch anything, but I had a good time being outdoors anyway. It was nice and warm, so I saw a lot of 2-3 year old bass and pickerel cruising the surface of the pond, which is encouraging. The launch party/poetry reading Friday night went really well in every way. We had a decent crowd- standing room only. Everyone read very well, and the after party was fun.

Saturday I got up late- around 2:00 PM. I don't know why I was so tired. I spent most of the day on music things. I practiced my guitar. I worked on a music project with Billy Boy, re-recording one of my tunes on his equipment. The results were more than satisfactory. Then I worked on transferring some of my old four track recordings to digital on the computer. I made dinner for Bill and I- spaghetti with marinara sauce and shrimp. It came out pretty delicious, even if I say so myself.

Sunday I cleaned the house and cleaned my car out. I worked on the music project some more. Later I went to the ex's to have dinner with her and the kids. It was so nice outside that we sat out on her deck. Then suddenly a thunderstorm blew up, lots of thunder, heavy rain, lightening, and for several minutes, pea-sized hail fell. The first spring storm of the year- I enjoyed it. It was all over in less than ten minutes, then it got nice again, except for the air felt a bit cooler. I came home after that, paid my bills and talked to my parents on the phone.

I went to bed around 10:30 last night, slept pretty well, as I did all weekend, and woke up this morning at 7:45, which is ridiculously early for me. I made good use of the time. I picked up medicine at the vet's for Cortez. I got gas in the car. I did some banking, and went to the grocery store. I'm not used to all that activity that early. After I got home and put the groceries away I sat on the couch and promptly fell asleep. I woke up in time to get ready for work.

Work tonight is pretty hectic. My horoscope said the pace of the day would be pretty quick, and it has been. I hope that the week goes by quickly. I am excited about getting home to see my family. I am leaving shortly after work on Friday. That will put me there around 10:30 in the morning, and I will miss most all of the traffic. But, I'm jumping ahead. I have to get through the work week first. Tomorrow is my consultation with the new doctor on my up coming colonoscopy. I'm really looking forward to that.


  1. Hey, let's have a colonoscopy party for Knife Boy! Won't that be fun?

    When you anticipate something fun for the weekend, it makes the workweek go slow, doesn't it? By Thursday morning, you'll swear it should be Saturday. lol. Hugs.

  2. Oh, just reading that next to the last sentence made me pucker up!

  3. X and Dove- Unfortunately, it's a necessary evil. I just want to get it over. I know it's for my own good. Still...