I don't know what made me think of this but... Some people's favorite smells are flowers or certain foods or certain perfumes. I know a lady who is nuts about the scent of the Yankee Candles scent "clean cotton". My favorite smells, oddly enough, are chemical. My ten (yes, there are ten) favorite smells in order are:
1) Ozone. I love the smell of welding.
2) Black magic markers- Sharpie King Size are particularly good
3) Dry cleaning fluid- I love the smell inside of a dry cleaners
4) Aerosol brake cleaner or carb cleaner
5) Adhesive/graffitti remover
6) Model airplane glue- regular, not the lemon scented crap
8) Fantastik Heavy Duty cleaner
10) Nail polish remover
Now, don't get the wrong idea. I'm not a huffer. You won't find me in some back alley with my head in a paper sack. These are just the smells that really turn my head. It's probably really strange for someone who likes to be out in nature as much as I do. Maybe these all have some base chemical property in them that gets to me. I don't know. I never took chemistry in school.
Again, I don't know what made me think of it at this point in time. I guesss my mind is wandering.