Thursday, March 26, 2009

Happy Camper

"When the going gets tough and you've lost all your dreams, there's nothing like a camp fire and a can of beans." - Tom Waits

I just love camping. I've been thinking all night about camping. I am already planning to go sometime in May with some friends down in the Pine Barrens. I may try to go next month too, if the weather warms up a bit more. My sleeping bag is only rated to 45 degrees and I don't want to freeze my ass off. There is just something about sleeping outdoors in the fresh air in front of a crackling fire that is envigorating to me. I'll probably dream about it tonight.

Good night, everyone. Sleep well.

4 comments:

  1. We used to go camping almost every weekend when Jamie was younger. It's so refreshing. Waking up in the great outdoors, connecting with nature. I miss those days. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the camping. I look forward to that this summer and fall.

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget when you said you were going away, but hoping you can make it to our Pirates vs. Ninjas party next weekend. Saturday the fourth~

    ReplyDelete
  4. X and Bobby- I love it. I feel that connection with nature is an important one.

    Lubie- I am actually leaving for Ohio Friday night after work, so unfortunately I will miss the party this time. :( I would have been a pirate...

    ReplyDelete