Thursday, June 11, 2009

Work, Work, Work

That's all I have to talk about today. There is just nothing else happening in my life right now. It's very hectic at work, and the new manager is throwing a lot of new projects around. I was given two that will take me the better part of two hours tonight and they have nothing to do with running my department. They have to do with the facility as a whole. I don't mind, though. It keeps me hustling, and you know that I prefer to be busy at work.

The new manager is hard to keep up with. Since he has been here, the volume of email I receive has tripled. I am now receiving about 100 emails a day, not including junk mail. A lot of these emails are either from him, or the subjects were started by him. This is a result of his ability to juggle 25 chainsaws at once without dropping any. Nothing escapes his notice, and he has a memory like a bank vault. And everything reminds him of something else.

All of this is good, though. He is getting people who has sat around here on their arses for too long to engage in the business. That's great to see. I am speaking of my fellow supervisors here. There has been too much complacency and apathy from them in the past, and that is fast disappearing because that is the effect that this manager has on the operation and on people. I love it. It's good to see people now doing what they should have been doing all along.

Well, that's all for me for now. Maybe tomorrow I'll have something more interesting to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment