Monday, June 22, 2009

I've Been Happier

One word can describe how I feel right now, and that word is "miffed". First of all, it rained all weekend again. I didn't get to take the kayak out again, and my lawn is now at official grazing height. We are supposed to get a break over the next couple of days though, so that's a good thing.

Second, I asked what you might call a favor of sorts of someone I have been very close to for a long time. The hurtful thing wasn't so much that I was told no, but that I was made to feel like shit for even asking, which really wasn't necessary.

On the other side of things, I had a good time at the house warming party on Saturday. It's nice to be with friends. I also had a good time with the kids yesterday. The early dinner was very pleasing, and I only missed winning at miniature golf by one stroke. I scored a 63. And I haven't held a club in my hands in years.

No work for my department again tonight, and all of my employees are off working in other departments, so I am diving into a few special projects that have crept up today.

I plan on getting up early tomorrow. If it is indeed only partly cloudy with no sign of rain, I will take my kayak down to the lake for a while, then I'll cut the grass before going to work. Supposedly it's going to be nice this weekend. I hope so because my yard and garden need my attention.

Everyone have a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment