Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Too Bad

Well, the weekend was good, even though my Cardinals lost the Super Bowl. Still, it was a good game. It had some pretty exciting moments. Unfortunately, not all of those moments belonged to Arizona. Maybe Warner will stick around and they can take another run at it next year.

I must really be tired for some reason, because Saturday, Sunday and Monday I slept in until 1:00 to 2:00 in the afternoon. It's not like I was staying up real late at night. Maybe the depression is creeping back in. I have been extra lonely lately. The only good thing about that is that it's had me writing. In fact, I wrote five new poems just last night. That's a lot for one night, even for one week. One poem I wrote is for a contest at another web site, the subject of which is poetry about diabetes.

On a related topic, I have not been taking my sleeping pills the last handful of days. I wanted to see if I could do without them. It seems I can. I get the same kind of sleep without them, and no difference in the occurences of my RLS. I have been concerned about this bit of waking up at 3:00 AM and not being able to fall back to sleep for an hour or so. Then yesterday I read this article about sleep patterns and such in The UTNE Reader. According to the article, sleeping for eight straight hours and being awake for sixteen is not how we are really wired. Apparently, this notion came along with the invention of the light bulb, and before that, people's sleep patterns were different. Apparently this is why there are so many insomniacs. People's biological clocks don't jive with the 8/16 schedule, especially when you are my age. The article advised going with the flow. That's what I'll do from now on. If I can't sleep or wake up and can't go back to sleep I'll just lay there and relax, or maybe sit up in bed and read or something until I get tired again. I'll try to just catch sleep when it catches me for a while and see how that goes.

And good news: My poet friend Dylan, otherwise known as Waltsworld to JSers, has resurfaced. He left a reply to one of my messages on the JS member search forum of Dorrie's Fun Forum. I'm so glad to be able to reconnect with him. He is a good poet whom I enjoy reading, and I value his criticism of my work. He is starting a blog here at blogspot. Yay!

It's been snowing all day and is supposed to continue all night. The last two days were in the upper 40s. The next two are supposed to be back to the teens and 20s. Then back to the upper 40s to very low 50s this coming weekend. We'll all end up sick. I am glad for the warmer days, though. Trout weather.

More later...

1 comment:

  1. A poem about diabetes? I'd love to hear it. I wrote a poem about diabetes when I was about 7 or 8, and it won a prize for my school. It's kinda dorky now, but I still remember it. lol. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete