Monday, February 16, 2009


The weekend was pretty decent for the most part. Saturday I got up around 11:00 AM and did a couple of things around the house. Then I went out to the Pine Barrens to hike and bird count. Would you believe that I didn't see one single bird? The Barrens can be such an eerie place. There were no other people around at all, there was no wind, no animals to be seen. It was dead quiet. The only sounds I could hear were my own breathing, and my stepping on dried leaves and twigs as I walked around the lake. That's a strange feeling.

After hiking I went to Red Lobster as planned. I had a great meal. I had a huge margurita and mozerella sticks for an appetizer. I had salad and rolls. I had the wood grilled lobster, scallops and shrimp on a bed of rice pilaf. I ate myself silly. I was simply stuffed afterwords. I felt like a beached whale, but still very good. When I got home I took a nap on the couch, then watched some television. I went to bed and read until I fell asleep. I slept well thanks to my new supply of Ambien.

I slept in until noon on Sunday. I got up and went to the gym, where I did an hour on the treadmill. I went home after that and did some laundry, then practiced my guitar for a bit. After that I went to the ex's to have dinner with her and the kids. We had stuffed shells and meatballs. It was a good meal and we had a nice time. After I got home I got ambitious and cleaned the whole house from top to bottom in record time. Then I talked to my mother and father on the phone for about an hour. I found out that my brother was in the hospital on Friday with abdominal pains. He apparently has a double hernia and it may not be able to be operated on as it is positioned right where his transplant is sewn in. I'll know more about this on Tuesday after he sees his regular doctor. It seems like he never has anything but bad luck when it comes to his health. It's been that way ever since he was little.

Tonight is one of those nights. There is no work in my department, so all of my employees are off working in other departments. Actually, we had incoming shipments for today, but the people at Port Elizabeth dragged their heals on the release paperwork. Tomorrow we will probably be swamped with work. So, it will be another boring night for me tonight. My paperwork for today is done already. It seems like it will be an eternity before dinner time rolls around. I'll be glad to get home tonight.

And finally, no news is good news. Our director, whom I mentioned is coming to talk to our employees tomorrow night, did the same deal today at our facility in Mississippi. Their manager didn't call us afterwards to warn us of anything, so that's good. Had the director been on a mission or been bringing bad news, the Mississippi manager would have certainly called us right afterwards to tell us. Word travels fast around here.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Red Lobster. Sometimes that place is really good in a pinch but I have a personal problem with chain seafood restaurants :)