Friday, February 20, 2009

My Clowell

I don’t know how I was able to get along before I had my clowell.
I believe that every home should have at least one around.
So often I find that it’s just the thing I have needed. Honestly,
it’s been as handy in the bedroom as it has been in the garage.
My wife likes using it as much as I do, in fact we share it
quite often. Perhaps some day we will buy a second one,
but for now we just wipe it off and pass it on. I have seen
a double-clowell in a catalog. Maybe we will get that. This is
the second clowell I have owned. I accidentally dropped the
first one in the bath tub and shorted it out. That was bad.
Sometimes I have to stop what I’m doing to adjust its fine tuning
screw or change the batteries, but that only takes a few seconds,
so I don’t mind so much. We have been careful to never let the kids
see it lying around or let the dogs or the cat play with it. They come
in a number of different colors. Ours happens to be midnight black.
I hear that the flesh tone and purple are popular colors, too.
I have also heard that they were around in my parent’s day,
but that they weren’t so realistic and didn’t have speed controls.
What exactly is a clowell? As soon as the word is actually coined
I’ll let you know. In the mean time, ponder what a dirty mind you have.

4 comments:

  1. I know you're dying to have someone ask, "What's a clowell?" I'm biting my tongue so hard that it's now perforated. lol. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. Here's the deal: Last week sometime I went to leave a comment on Bobby's blog. You know how when you go to leave a comment the site has you go through that word verification thing? Well, the word I had to type in was "clowell". I thought it sounded like something. I Googled it and came up with nothing but the word as a last name. So, I made up the above poem about the clowell as an object without specifically identifying it. I hope that answers it for you.

    ReplyDelete