Monday, July 6, 2009

Countdown

I had a pretty good weekend considering that I spent it alone. I fished and kayaked. I grilled out. I ran my new weed whacker in the yard. I puttered around the house. In the evenings I sat on the back patio and listened to the radio or watched movies, and drank beer. I managed to get drunk both Friday and Saturday nights. That helped. I was a little buzzed last night for a while. The night time is the hardest when I have the lonelies.

I take back what I said on Friday about the online connections sites. Why? Because I've started getting replies on Tagged from the one person that I was really interested in, which is encouraging. She has an interesting profile, is pretty, has a great smile, is more my age, and lives less than an hour from me. It's a good start, I think.

Well, I know it's only Monday, but I'm counting down the days to the weekend already. And for me the weekend starts on Wednesday night this week, as I have Thursday and Friday nights off work for poetry related events. I don't think I've worked a full week in about four weeks now. I love it.

Come on Wednseday...

3 comments:

  1. You know the lonlies kinda sucks.

    Them weed whackers are fun if you ask me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach- Thursday- QND meeting at A's house. Yaza.

    Bobby- The lonelies suck a lot. That's why I'm looking. I'm totally tired of being alone and lonely. I needs me a good woman.

    I have to admit, I did have fun with the weed whacker, except for the part where I accidentally got my ankle. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete