Thursday, May 14, 2009

BDay Recap

First of all, a huge load of thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday yesterday on here, in email and on Facebook. It was literally dozens of people. Second, I have to say that I was very freaked out that one of said people on Facebook was my first ex-wife, whom I have not heard boo from in probably fifteen years. It was spooky. I won't go into the story now, but she waschronically physically, mentally and verbally abusive to me, which is why I left her.

Anyway, I started the day by getting up at 6:00 to get my blood test. I got there at 6:45 and was very surprised to be out of there in a half hour, especially given the number of people in the waiting room when I got there. I was so happy about that that I promptly went fishing. For four and a half hours. I caught two very nice rainbow trout that are now in my freezer, awaiting the frying pan. A third got way from me at the dock.

After that I had lunch at Checkers and went to the store to buy the goods for the camping trip. I had the hardest time finding vienna sausages for some reason. I never thought to look by the canned chili. Silly me. Then I took my car in for service. For the hour and a half that I was there in the dealership waiting room I read a David Sedaris book and watched a surprisingly explicit movie about two lesbians in a high school level boarding school. There was explicit language, full frontal nudity and sexually explicit scenes. Being a typical guy in some respects, this of course made me happy. Heh.

After the car business I went home and showered and got ready for dinner with the family. We ate at the Macaroni Grill. They screwed up and didn't assign us a server right at first, so the mananger gave us free appetizers, gave us each a coupon for $5 off an entree at our next visit, and gave us free post-meal coffees. It was great. Everyone chipped in and got me a new Canon digital camera, which I am extremely happy with.

I went to bed a couple of hours after I got home, but found myself wide awake with the RLS raging in my legs at 1:30. What could I do? I got up and packed all my camping gear up and went through my check list several times, that's what I did. I'm ready now. I just have to load the car. That took me until about 3:30 AM. I then went back to bed, and luckily fell asleep. I got up this morning at 11:30 feeling pretty good.

Now I just have to get through the work night, which is already going smoothly. The visit by our director was nothing. No bad news was issued. He was just there to introduce our new manager, and answer questions.

Well, it's almost 8:00 PM- dinner time for me. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment