Monday, May 18, 2009

All The News

I have a lot to talk about today, but will do my best to not make this a real long post.

First of all with the exception of having to pack up in the rain on Sunday morning, the camping trip was great. Thanks to my new camera, I will have photos to post of the trip in a day or two. About nine of us ended up in attendance and we had a really good time. They had a birthday cake for me on Saturday night. Cool.

On Sunday, after unpacking my camping equiment and cleaning up the house a bit, I went shopping with my birthday money. First I went to Target and bought camera accessories- a 2GB memory card, carrying case, tripod and cleaning kit. Then I went to Home Depot and bought hanging flower baskets for my back yard. Then I finsihed off at Kohls, where I bought a new pair of slacks and a casual shirt.

Later on was the poetry group meeting. It was a good meeting. I received the first supply of my new book, Big Time, and I was very pleased with the results. Maverick Duck Press did a great job with it. The group also had a birthday cake for me. I have a fair amount of sugar free cake at home right now.

The only bad thing about the weekend was that I took a little nap on Sunday afternoon before the poertry group meeting, during which I had a startlingly vivid nightmare. I dreamed that my first ex- wife came to Jersey, found me, and shot me to death- right in the forehead. It seemed so real, it was awful.

Tomorrow is my "pill cam" test at the hospital in Camden. It's so much fun. Liquid diet all day today. I'm so starving right now. I won't be allowed to eat anything until lunch time tomorrow. Tonight I have to completely shave my chest, stomach and abdomen so that they can attach the electronic patches to my skin for the data recording device. I will be so nervous shaving around my nipples. I'm so afraid of getting cut right there for some reason. I hate to think what this will cost me. My portion of the last tests I had is costing me $300 out of pocket. I just have a feeling like this will be more. It seems like such a high tech procedure.

Well, back to work for now. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment