Thursday, May 21, 2009

Almost

I'm glad that the week is almost over. I've pretty much decided that this weekend will be a working weekend around the house. I will till and plant my vegetable garden, retill the front herb garden and replant. I will recaulk the tub and shampoo the living room carpet. I will do some weeding and run the weed whacker over the whole perimiter of the yard. I will also spend Saturday evening sitting on the back patio, listening to music, drinking some beers and enjoying a small fire in the outdoor fire place.

I didn't sleep all that well last night. I didn't not take a sleeping pill because I wanted to get up early and get a few things done. I got up about 9:30 this morning and caught up on a few chores and errands. I picked up some paperwork at the doctor's office. I went to the post office. Now that it is warm and not too breezy I set up the tent and set out the tarps in the back yard so that they can dry out from the camping trip. I will clean them either tomorrow morning or on Saturday. I also cut the front lawn. The back didn't need it yet.

I also spent some time practicing the guitar late this morning. I have a little project going. I have pulled a bunch of old forgotten songs I wrote in the 90s from off of the old four-track recorder and dumped them into the computer. I am relearning them and will re-record them digitally with new vocals and instrumentation. This is something I am just doing for myself for fun. I have about a dozen songs to work on, and I managed to relearn three of them this morning. That's progress.

It now looks like tomorrow night will not be a slow one at work, which makes me happy. I want the night to go by quickly.

Well, I'm off to read some blogs. More later...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got a full schedule. Hope you get all the things accomplished that you are planning on doing. Good for you with the guitar, and relearning some songs. How cool. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather is supposed to be real nice. That helps a lot. I can't wait to get into the garden...

    ReplyDelete