Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Vacation Update

Vacation has been good so far. I left home for Ohio around 1:30 AM, and I made good time. At that hour there was literally no traffic. I got to my parent's house at 10:15 AM. That afternoon was my great-niece's first birthday party. A lot of people showed up. I got to see some inlaws and people whom I haven't seen in a long while.

Sunday I went hiking at one of the local parks with my sister. The weather was warm- in the low 60s. My mother made a great spaghetti dinner for everyone later in the day.

Monday afternoon I went book shopping and to a movie with my parents. That evening we went to dinner at a brand new restaurant called Mark The Millers. The food was very good and they had a big choice of drafts- around thirty. It got really cold and windy on Monday and snow was in the forecast, believe it or not.

Today I made a tour of the local sporting goods stores with my brother. We got a tackle box and some lures fror my nephew, who is just starting to get into fishing. It snowed off and on all day and was pretty windy. After the shopping my mother made us a big lunch. I took a nice long nap in the late afternoon. My mother made one of my favorite dinners- salmon cakes, mac and cheese and pork and beans. In the evening we went to visit my sister and brother in law.

Tomorrow we will be going to the town rec center to swim and use the jacuzzi. I will probably get in touch with my best friend from high school to see if he is able to hook up at some point during my visit. It is supposed to warm up again- get back into the upper 50s. The weather here is really crazy right now.

I hope that everyone in Blogger Land is doing well. I will catch up on everyone's journals as I am able...

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying your time home! Hope this weather warms up and spring returns~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the vacation. Sounds relaxing actually....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upper 50's is warm? Eek! Glad you are having a good time :-D

    ReplyDelete