Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rough Day?

I'm working overtime again tonight. I am so tired, but we have things to accomplish here that we can't get done in eight hours. People don't necessarily like it, but as an old manager of mine is fond of saying, it is what it is.

I was so tired this morning- I set my alarm to get up an hour earlier than usual so that I could run a couple of errands before work. That didn't happen. I slapped that old snooze bar countless times during that hour. I got up at my regular time and spent the next two hours rushing around. I think that Bill gets annoyed when I do that with the alarm, but he doesn't say anything. He's a good sport and a good friend.

I got really pissed off at the clerk at the neighborhood 7-11 today. I stopped for coffee on my way rushing to work. I gave him a twenty. He handed me back a single and some coins. Long story short, he short-changed me big time and refused to admit it. I know I was right. I walked in there with only three twenties in my wallet. We argued in front of waiting customers, some of whom stood there shaking their heads. I won't be going back there anytime soon. I don't ever need an $18 cup of coffee.

1 comment: