Monday, January 10, 2011

And Still More Snow

We are supposed to get hit again tomorrow night with another 7-14 inches according to NOAA. The roads are supposed to be pretty bad so I don't plan on driving the 50 miles home in it. I'm going to stay overnight at work. I'll bring a change of clothes, towel, toiletries, sleeping bag and pillow. I'll sleep on a cot in the conference room. I have had to do this before, so no big deal. I'll just spend the day on Wednesday before my shift reading and watching TV shows on Hulu on my work laptop. Yes, I have two laptops.

The weekend was a 50/50 proposition. On Saturday I slept in until noon. I got up and went to Rachel and Donna's. It was snowing. We exchanged Christmas gifts. They made me some really cool tree ornaments, which I have put away for coming years. After that, Rachel and I went to Borders to write. We were there until about dinner time. The snow had stopped by then. We went to Dunleavy's for dinner and Donna met us there. After dinner I went home and played with Bosco, watched some TV and dinked around on facebook. I went to bed and fell asleep while reading.

Sunday was the sucky day. I got up and thoroughly cleaned the house. I went to the grocery store. I did several loads of laundry, including the folding. I paid my bills. The only good part was I had a nice conversation on the phone with SWG for a while. In the evening I tried to watch the Eagles/Packers playoff game, but couldn't stay awake. I drifted in and out of sleep in my chair. I had a late dinner of tacos, then talked to my parents on the phone for a while before going to bed.

This week, it's mandatory overtime every night due to very heavy work volume. Between that and the snow storms, I will be more than ready for this coming weekend when it hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment