Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pound Sand?

Just when we had a couple of days in the mid-thirties and the snow was starting to melt away, we are getting more. Another 3-5 inches tonight, and of course, it is supposed to start around the time I get off work. My car is just no good in the snow. I don't know if it's the aerodynamics of it or what, but it is terrible. The car looks like a box, and drives like a box in the snow. I'm not as afraid of going off the road as I am of hitting someone or something. I can't afford to be paying out that $250 deductible right now.

Work has been pretty crazy the last few weeks- very busy- lots of meetings and projects going on and just general mayhem. I'm hoping it settles down some next week. Our incoming shipments will taper back off to normal next week, so hopefully everything else calms down with it. January always seems to be about the busiest month of the year for us.

Do you ever wonder where certain sayings come from? I was wondering today about telling someone to "pound sand". I wonder who the first person was to say it, and what exactly the circumstances were. Just something else to ponder in the dark when I can't sleep, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. I hear the military guys saying that "Pound Sand" about folks they don't like all the time....

    ReplyDelete