Monday, February 21, 2011

Catching Up A Bit

Work on Friday was- different. Training people all day is nothing at all like supervising a department all day. I did hands-on training with three people, and it was interesting. Watching new people learning processes that my employees know by heart gave me some insights into the whole thing. I'm looking forward to more of this. I built the tentative training schedule tonight and if my boss approves it, I'll be doing nothing but training from this Thursday through the end of March. Then we'll see what else he has in store for me.

The weekend was as I predicted. Not much took place. I got home from work by 4:00 (nice!)Friday afternoon. I played around on the computer for a bit and had some dinner. Then I sat down on the couch to watch some TV with Bosco and promptly fell asleep. It was about 7:00. I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and staggered off to bed.

I slept in a bit on Saturday then took my car in for scheduled maintenance. I had an early dinner- take out chinese- and went to Home Depot with Billy to get a few things I needed for around the house like light bulbs and a new furnace filter. After that I recorded and posted my newest poetry podcast (

Then, things got sort of strange. I sat up for hours listening to music, all different kinds. While playing some old Iggy Pop, Billy, who had been asleep upstairs appeared. I apologized profusely for waking him up, but he said I didn't. He said he was awake and heard the bass line of the song that was playing (Mass Production) and had to come down and see who it was. We spent the next two hours or so listening to music and drinking wine. I introduced Bill to The Idiot and The Roches, among other things.

Billy went back to bed at about 3:00 a.m. and I went to the diner alone for breakfast. I had coffee, pancakes, bacon and orange juice. It really hit the spot. Then I went home and jumped in bed.

Sunday I slept in until noon. I got up and picked up prescriptions at the pharmacy. Then I went to Dick's. I had a $60 gift card that my daughter gave me for Christmas and $50 that my mother sent me for Valentine's. So, I got my fishing license and trout stamp (why wait) and bought a new bait casting rod and reel. I'm all ready now and waiting on the weather. Watch out, largemouth bass. Sunday night was spent watching Animation Domination and talking to family on the phone.

The only bad thing about the weekend really, was the high winds on Saturday and Saturday night- gusts of 40-50 MPH. I hate the wind to begin with, and I was so afraid of the spruce in the front yard falling on the house. Also, I have my canoe and kayak on saw horses and covered with tarps in the back yard. Well, they both went for unexpected trips across the yard in the wind. I also saw later where the wind pushed in the bottom of my shed doors. Nice.

This week brings more overtime. We'll be here until midnight every night this week the way it looks now. It's going to be another long week.

1 comment:

  1. I went running in that wind and it was a real bummer. We had warm weather until today...UGH!!

    Love old Iggy Pop.