Monday, August 3, 2009

Fish And More Fish

Well, I'm back from the fishing trip, and I am tired and sunburned. My sunscreen did not seem to work all that well, at least not on my forehead. The being tired part comes just from being on a boat for two days in rough water- 2-3 foot waves in open water are a bit much when you are in a twenty-one foot boat. We did pretty well as far as the expedition itself went. We caught 7 large walleye and a limit of perch on both days. For those of you who don't know, a limit is 50 perch for two people, so we caught 100 total in the two days. We are going to have one big fish fry on Friday night.

Last night, to celebrate the end of the trip we had a good dinner at my sister's house, and watched Coldplay in concert on VH1 and the movie Role Models, a very funny flick. This morning we all went to the Columbus Zoo. It was fun, and I took a lot of good photos of the animals and sea creatures. Tonight is a 30th birthday dinner for my nephew at a fancy Italian place by the river. Tomorrow I am going to do something with my brother, I'm not sure what. We tentatively have the state fair penciled in for Thursday. No plans for Wednesday or Friday yet.

I will be making the drive home on Saturday. That way I have Sunday to clean house a bit, cut the grass and work in the garden, weather permitting. I also need some time to just sort of "recover" from vacation. I have to get my brain back in the game before I head back to work on Monday.

Everyone have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment