Monday, August 10, 2009

Money Sucks

I only say that because there is not enough of it around and handy this month. First, my mortgage payment must have gotten hung up in the mail last month, because this month I have a late charge assessed. First time in twenty two years that's happened. Then, the day before I went on vacation I got stopped by Jersey's finest for going 82 in a 65 zone on the freeway on my way to work. That's a $160 fine. Then there is the rest of the bills. I will have to take money out of savings to cover, which hurts but is unavoidable. It almost makes me wish I hadn't spent what I did on vacation.

Work was very hectic this evening. It was busy, and I have to cover two departments while one of the other supervisors is out on vacation for two weeks. I had forgotten all about that. And with being out for two weeks, I had 432 emails waiting for me. Unreal. Believe it or not, I got through all of them. The best email was from my little sister, who is a navy nurse stationed at Camp Lejeun (SP?). I love hearing from her, which is not often enough.

Tonight and tomorrow morning both promise thunderstorms, severe at times. Lovely. I really need to get that grass cut. Anyway, everyone have a great week...

1 comment:

  1. If I were you I would call your mortgage company and talk to them. If you have never been late I bet they will take off the late charges.
    OUCH on the $160.
    Don't regret the money you spent on vacation, you deserved to enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete